Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Fourteen Quarts of Veggie Juice

 

Before breakfast this morning we started making veggie juice.  Carol cut off all the blemishes and put them a large pot.  I turned them in to juice with blender.  There were to many tomatoes to put them in one pot so we boiled two pots of tomato for thirty minutes.  

I squeezed out all of the juice in this colander.  This took a little over an hour.  We had enough juice to make fourteen quarts.  Carol boiled two batches.  The cooker would hold only seven quartsl
Here they are on the counter.  They all sealed except one.  We put labels on each with a date.  Each group had to be boiled for fifty minutes. They are now in the pantry.  
Rod, read the meter.  We had gone over our allotted amount. I have to find the water line that provides water for the house.  I dug at low spot in the east lawn and found the water line.  It turned out to be the line that came from the well.  I turned off the water  and discovered it.  Our lawn and garden are irrigated from the well as well as some of the hemp plants.
I cut away the shrubby around a broken water hydrant.  I called a person with a small backhoe to dig it up.
Carol put up three pints of peaches.
We had sweet corn for supper.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!















No comments:

Post a Comment