Followers

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Cold Day for August

I did a little work in the garden after breakfast.  Carol and I then went to Fillmore.  We filled the car with gas and then stopped at the Fillmore Market for a few groceries.  We went directly home.   

This morning when I checked on the chickens, the hen in the fuzzy picture above was soaking wet.   It had been out in the rain all night.  There were two hens missing.  The one hen missing showed up a little later.  She was missing all of her tail feathers.   She was some where in the chicken run.  The third hen was gone.  A dog must have gotten in and took her awayl
These feather was in front of the garage greenhouse door.
There are five tomato plants here.  Three of them were tipped over because of the heavy rain and the wind.
I drove three conduit stakes into the ground and the wired the cages to it.  I picked a half bucket of tomatoes.   Carol put them with the ones I picked on Monday.  Carol took off the stems and the tomato cracks.  I smashed them with a hand held blender.  She prepared celery, onions, peppers, and parsley.   I shredded them.   We boiled them for thirty minutes.  I juiced them.

We spent the late morning make veggie juice.  This is our first batch for the season.
When I got up this morning the temperature was seventy-two.  By evening it was seventy-three.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment