Followers

Monday, August 16, 2021

Melon and Watermelon

This morning I picked the cucumbers and zucchini.  I also did a lot of weeding.  I watered the geraniums and some of the front lawn.  We then drove to Fillmore for a few groceries.

We took the cucumbers and zucchini to the post office to share the harvest.

The Crenshaw melons are starting to set fruit.  I pruned some of the tomato plants.
The grapes are ready for drying.  I picked a lot of them and then pulled them off the cluster.  I set up the drying rack in the garage greenhouse and some short 2x4's under each end to keep it off the bench.  Hopefully they will make some good raisins.  I did it on the patio last year.  I put the grape cluster on the rack and after they dried some I pulled of the grapes.  I think it is easier to pull off the grapes before drying.
This evening I picked nearly a bucketful to tomatoes.  The deer come in and eat the ripe ones. 
At the west end of a row of potatoes some of the vines are dried. I dug on.  I cut the end of the largest one.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from yo0u!


No comments:

Post a Comment