Followers

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Rain and More Rain

Quite a night.  It was about midnight when there was thunder and lightning and rain.  I went to sleep and then woke up to more thunder.  I could hear the rain on the roof.  It was a heavy rain.  The lightning was from the west at first and by morning it was coming from the east.  It was way dark when I got up.  I opened the front door and turned on the lights.  I could barely see the rain.
When it was light I got the picture of the rain running off the roof.
This photo shows the water puddling on the ground.  I could of filled several fifty-five gallon drums several times.

The rain made a small pond of water.
The weight of the rain caused three of the tomato cages to tip over.
This one zucchini plant was weighted down by the rain.
Hemp plants in the south west corner of our yard.
More hemp plants, but in the south east corner of our yard.
Hemp plants in house one.   Some are tipped over by the weight of the water.
Max Wood a neighbor from across town, gave us some blackberries.
We juiced them with a steamer.  We got seven half pints of blackberry jelly.
The rain had caused more bark to peel off the dead maple tree.  It was full of yellow jackets hiding between the bark and the wood.  I sprayed the with WD-40.  It kills them dead.
Carol wanted me to move the light which has four solar cells in the top of it.  I got the large stepladder.  It was not tall enough.  I got the ladder that was fully extended  which was in the east end of the cold frame.  It was a little hard to calapse it.  I then carried to the front yard leaned against the west pillar.  I climbed up and drilled a small hole and then drove in a screw.  I could then hang the light on the screw.
 Most of the dahlias had tipped over.  I drove in some stake to give them support.  I tied them to the stakes.  
The hibiscus plant was nearly down to the ground.  It straightened up pretty good after it dried out some.  It began to rain some move this evening.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment