Followers

Friday, October 15, 2021

Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Furnace, & Trees

 Typical Morning.  Scriptures, breakfast and then checked the greenhouses.

The town crew came around and hauled away all of the broken tree limbs and branches and took them to tree dump.  I didn't know that they were going to do this.  I worked pretty fast cutting the limbs and dragging them out to the road.  I told Rose Ann Frost at the post office to call Rod to come back and get our stuff.  They were soon there and got them loaded. 
The furnace in house five is not working.  Andre came and took it apart.  He removed the five burners.  The were dirty and plugged by spider nests.
Here is a view of the five burners.
Here he is putting it back together.  
Freshly dug sweet potatoes.
I washed off some of the dirt with a watering can.
I took them into the house and washed them again.  I washed them in a bucket and let them drain in the sink.  I don't like to run dirt into our sewer tank.  I dumped the water outside.
Here is the three pounder.
The potatoes are drying on a towel.  The next step is to put them in the garage where they can cure.
Two handfuls.
Another handful.
I spent the rest of the evening digging potatoes.  I have filled nine nursery tubs since I started to dig a couple of weeks ago.
I will be grading them into two or three sizes for storage.  We can't eat all of these.  Many of them will be given to family and friends.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment