Followers

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Finished Delicious & Big Beef Tomatoes

Shortly after breakfast was over, we took the garbage out to the dump.  

I opened the trunk and got this picture.  I then put the trash in one of the dumpsters.

When we got home, I put on my jacket and finished removing the twine and tomato clips from the tomato plants.  It was nearly one when I finished and went in for lunch.
I put the old tomato clips in the azeluia pot.  I never reuse them most are broken and the rest may break next year.
The tiller has been out in the garden since spring.  I used it to till the garden.
The tractor has been in the far south port of our yard all summer.  It was such a warm day so I put one the battery charger.  I planned to charge it for an hour and then start it up and park it north of house five.  I could take it inside in the winter and start it when there was snow.
I got busy digging up the dahlias.  I cut off the long stems and then dug all of them up.  There was so much soil on them that I put them on one of the two wheel cart and the put them on the front lawn east of the sidewalk.  There is not water because I shut of the well.  I hooked a hose onto the tap that has city water.  It took two hoses from that tap to the front lawn.
I washed them and washed them again and again and removed most of the soil.  I put the cart and Dalhias in house five to keep them from freezing.  Tomorrow I will trim off the rest of the stems and put them in buckets of moist potting soil.  The will be safe in the garage.   It was nearly dark when I shut the greenhouse doors and pull the charging  plug.  I can start the tractor around noon tomorrow.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment