Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Wet Heavy Snow

This morning we woke up to about four inches of snow.   The snow had bent the Dawn Redwood tree to the ground.

Seeing that it would be difficult to back the car onto the street, I got an oak stick about six feet long.  I used it to beat the snow of the tree.  

Carol had a present for Grant Johnson, our great grandson.  I made the address label and we posted it at the post office. About an hour after breakfast we drove to Fillmore for some of Carol's medication.  There were no cars in front of the drug store.  Carol parked there.  There was a lot of water running down along the curb.  I got my clogs wet trying to get into the store.  Carol stayed in the car.  The pharmacist said that her prescription would not be there until twelve.  We got a few groceries at the Fillmore Market.  There was a lot of snow in Fillmore.  

The west end of house five.  I went inside.  There was a propane burner that was helping keep house five a little warm.  The furnace quit.  I called Andrew Brown.  He said that he might come sometime in the late afternoon.  He didn't come.
The hemp plants and cut of plant material filled the house.

Shane and others are harvesting hemp.  They are in the shed where it is warmer.
This photo is of the hen house.  It's empty now, but the wet heavy snow has bent over the shrubs and trees.
The waight of the snow on the bean plants have bent the hoop house some.  I got three braces to prevent the hoop house from collapsing.  I got quiet wet from falling snow. 

About an hour before lunch I began to drain all of the irrigation.  Shane helped me turn off the power to the well.  I then opened every tap and valve in the yard.  I disconnected the hoses.  One was deep in the rose bushes west of the garden.  I cut away the stems,  and was able to remove the cap.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment