Followers

Monday, October 25, 2021

Dead Tomato Plants

Watered all of the house plants this morning and later I watered the two hanging baskets on the front porch.

I worked all morning digging up the tomato plants.  First I moved the short conduit pieces that held the tomato cages from dipping over because of the heavy tomatoes.  I then trimmed the tomato vines that were growing over and through the cages.   Next I pulled of the tomato cages.  The last thing was pulling up the tomato vines.  Some could pull up and others I had to dig up.  Putting the vines in the compost pile was the last thing I did with the tomato vines.  

This photo shows part of the process of removing the vines.  I put water on the seven foot conduit which made it easier to pull them out of the ground.  I used the vice grip to twist and pull them.  There were some pieces of oak sticks that held the plants up.  I had used the shovel to get them out of the ground.
The pitchfork made it easy to put them in the compost pile.
I got a couple of pictures three kittens in the lilac tree.  They love to climb the trees.
Here is a close-up photo of one of the kittens.  No one came to the nursery to work today.  I rolled up the two frost protection fabrics and put them away.   I opened the doors this morning and closed this evening.  I has been warm outside all day long.  I wore my jacket when I started, but soon took it off.  I later brought it into the house.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment