Followers

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Garden Work

I was able to read another chapter in the Book of Mormon, before the 7:00 news came on.  I fed the cats.  There was some left-over gravy in the fridge.  I put it on top of the cat food. Mistake.  The cats ate around the gravy.    

Later, I put it in the smallest cat dish and threw it away.

I picked the peas that were growing in house five.  Carol shelled them. I also picked some peas from the garden.
The carrot raised bed had a lot of weeds growing in it. I was on my knees in front of this bed pulling out the weeds.  I used my pocketknife cut the root just below the soil.  I was on my knees for  quite a long time. I have a small medicine bottle containing carrot seeds.
There is quite a nice group of carrots growing.
After I seeded more carrots, I covered the seeds with grass clippings.  I watered them using a water breaker several times this afternoon.
K I covered them with welded wire to keep off the cats.
This is the batch of peas from the garden.  Carol shelled these



 

No comments:

Post a Comment