Followers

Friday, December 1, 2017

Inside and Outside Finished


We spent all morning decorating the Christmas tree. We planned on buy a new tree when we were in Provo yesterday.  Most of them were over $400.  The tree that we have used for years is in the garage.  Last year it had a few problems.  I brought it into the house and put it together.  There are four sections.  I put the light bulbs in.  They all worked except two.  I had some color light that worked.  Will find some white ones next week.  After the tree was up, Carol and I put all of the decorations on it.  We were finished by twelve.  The picture is below.

Below are snow flakes crocheted by Carol's mother.  There are forty or fifty of them on our tree and most of them are a little different.




I made some vegetable soup while Carol drove to Fillmore for a few things.  It turned out to be really good.  I used quart of chicken stock left over from Chicken that we had a couple of weeks ago.  I added to carrots, leeks, turnip, potatoes, peas, and corn from the garden.  Celery was from the grocery store.  I could have added bell peppers, but didn't think about that until just now.

Yesterday we bought a string of 300 red lights that were to used on the two Christmas wreaths.  There is one string and I had to use it on both wreaths.  I tried to wrap it around the one on the right.  I had Carol help me by holding the ladder.  That didn't work.  I took one wreath down and put the light in and came over the outside and back through the center.  Half of the lights were on the back.  I undone that and using the florist wire I was able to fasten the lights on the front of the wreaths.

I then put lights on the Dawn redwood tree and the Flowering Lilac tree.  the front yard looks pretty good. 



Questions and comments are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment