Followers

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Pipe Clamps and Slider

A few snow flakes this morning when I got up.  After breakfast there was about an inch of snow.  I used the blower and blew it off as far as the cord would reach.  Which was about five feet from the asphalt.  I used the scoop shovel to get the rest of it.  I then did the front side walk.  It had snowed some more and after lunch I tried to blow, but the snow was to wet.  The sun was shining some.  I used the wide push broom for the rest of it. What I didn't get off with the broom was melted by the sun.
Cleaned the patio.  
 The bird seed was nearly gone.  One of the tube was plugged by the large sunflower seed.  I dumped it on the patio, which was closer to the house so we might watch the birds feed.
I filled the bird feeder and hung it back in the tree.
 Another big cleaning job.  The card table, that we got soon after we were married, was covered with dust and things that I haven't touched for years.  I moved some and threw some away.  The table is folded and leaning against some of the lumber.
The wood vice hasn't been working properly.  It would not open wide enough to hold a 3/4 inch pipe.  I took it off and fixed a few things and then put it back together.  It opens and close now, but the quick open lever doesn't work.  That is a project for an other day.
 The pipe clamps were standing upright in an unorganized was in a large nursery pot.  I took all of them out and lined them on the floor.  One was beyond repair which I discarded and another one that I was able to fix.  There are nine.
 The tool I built a couple of days ago to safely rip narrow pieces of wood had a few flaws.  I am building a new one which removes the flaws.  It is clamped together in the photo below.  I had it clamped for a couple of hours and would have completed it today.  The clue was not set up.  I did it again and leave it clamped over night.



Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment