Followers

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Fudge, Divinity, & Cookies

This morning is the day of making candy and cookies to give to some of our friends this Christmas season.  Carol had all the ingredients for the candy and cookies.  We began with the fudge, which was fast and easy.
Next divinity which was slow and somewhat difficult.  We had one direction wrong.  It said 160 degrees and it should have been 250 degrees.


We then put on small plates and covered with plastic wrap.  The finishing touch was a bow ribbon and tag.  Later we drove around town delivering the Christmas sweets.  There were a few that were not home.  I walked them to two neighbors that were close to us.

Yesterday, I began work on wood pusher that I saw on Pinterest.   It about two inches wide, five inches tall, and four inches long.  The pictures are up side down.  It rides on the table saw fence.  It will help me safely push wood through the blade.  The results are strips of wood 1/8 thick and could be as narrow of 1/8 inch wide.

I cut off about 1/2 inch of height.  When I was ripping of small strips, it was too tall and it was difficult to hold down.
 Below is another angle.
 We are expecting snow tonight and the tractor tires are flat.   It was quite warm at noon.  I tried to start the compressor, but it would not start.  When it is cold it won't start.  I hung a heat lamp above the compressor.  When I came back a couple hours later, the compressor felt warm, but it would not even turn on.  I took of the cover and removed the reset fuse.  Just looking at it, it looked okay.  I took it over to Richard, our neighbor.  He can fix any thing.  He came over with a voltage meter to check if the electrical system was working all right.  Everything seemed to be all right.  We messed around with it and finally got it working.  I pumped up the tires and filled the compressor with air.  I then put everything back together, and put my tools away.

A sideline is the two tomato plant cuttings that I put in water on December 7 which is two weeks ago is growing roots.  One has numerous 1/4 inch roots.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment