Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Putting Christmas Away

The Christmas season is about over.  It is time to box it up and put it away.
Carol boxed the Santa ornaments in the live tree in the corner.  I put the big nativity away that is on the dinning round table.  It is always a challenge to get the piece in the right spot.  I have the compartments numbered and a number on the bottom of the same piece.  They would not fit in.  Used the named compartment instead of the numbered one.  They fit right in.  I slide it all in the big box.  It is now ready for next year.
I made this stool from a piece of wood that we found on a trip west of Utah Lake and west of West Mountain.  We were hiking and found a old weather and partially rotted piece of wood.  I took it home and used it for the seat.  It has been in the garage ever since we moved here nearly twenty years ago.  I wanted to fix it several weeks ago.  Today I pulled it all apart.  I filled the mortises with Elmer's glue and used clamps to force the tenens into the mortises.  It looks a little crooked from this angle.  That is okay.
While rearranging things in the garage I found and solid old table top.  I cut into two piece to build a table say sled.  I have one I made a couple of years ago which is not very accurate.  I took my time on this one which is really accurate.  I can cut a perfect 90 degree angle.
I use the table saw sled to cut rabbits in this wood.  The one on the top is too wide.  The one on the bottom has a tight fit.  I am going to make a small stool which I will use a router to make the rabbits.
I thought that I would use the table saw sled to make miter cuts.  My miter saw has been in house four for years.  I brought it into the garage and cleaned it up. A little sowing machine oil helped to free up the saw.
I glued up four twenty-three inch zx4's together to use for the legs.  I ripped a little off each edge of the 2x4's to have good gluing surfaces.  I put a little glue on and clamped them.



Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment