Followers

Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas, 2017

Christmas morning, the celebrated birth around the world of the birth of Jesus Christ.  We have received a lot of presents from our Children and we opened them before breakfast.  It took some effort to figure them out.   One present is a shop stool given by Lisa and Eric Gray.

These two tomato cuttings were put in a quart bottle December 7, and developed a good root system.  I put them in gallon pots.  They are in this small aluminum tray and watered from the bottom.  Many time the water will run down the side and not soak if watered from the top.
The bench on the west side is on rollers where I can roll it either to the west or the east.  If it is rolled to the west, it gives about eighteen more inches in the center isle.  I have removed the wire.  The long 2x4's were held to the 2x4 below by screws driven into the side.  I had to put the bench upside down to reach the screws.  I drove some of screw so deep that I couldn't see them to be able to remove them.  I was able to get a few with a hand held screw driver.  I had to pound some off with the hammer.  The rest I moved back and forth and it broke the screws.
The wire is gone.  There were a lot of small staples all away around the perimeter. I was able to pull them out with a small pair of wire cutters.  There is a noticeable scar in the wood where the staples were.  The braces closes between the 2x4's held in place by the pressure from each side.  There are other braces have screws holding them in place.  The next group of braces are staggered some to make room for the screws. 
The bench was held together with grabber screws.  Most of them were pretty easy to remove.  My drill speed up the process.

I finally finished with the demolition of the bench.  All 2x4's will be used in wood projects that I will make in the future.


Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment