Followers

Friday, December 15, 2017

Lumber Rack

I worked most of the morning on the lumber rack. I drilled some holes, made a angle cut on a board, and them put it together.  I repeated this process which was pretty slow.  All of the screws that I have were too short. I counter sank them which kept me working until lunch.  After lunch I went to Fillmore to get some screws, bolts, nut, and washer. I worked all afternoon on the rack.  Instead working slow, I used the drill press to make all the holes.  With the right size of screws, I was able to work pretty fast.  I got finished one of the four posts.  The picture below looks like a ladder, is a side view of the completed post.  The bottom arm will rest on the floor and hold the heavy 8/4 oak.  The lighter lumber will be on the higher arms.
The photo below is an edge view of the completed post.  There are two eight foot 2x4's.  One on he left and one on the right.  The back end view of one lumber support is in the middle. Above and below are 16 inch spaces.  The are glued and screwed into place.  The bolts are holding a single 20 inch arms that will hold the lumber.  On the right there are three  lumber racks with an angled cut. 
The toilet tank lever was badly corroded and would not stay tight.  Every three or four weeks I would have to tighten it.  While in Fillmore today, I bought a plastic lever nut.  The old was hard to get off and the new one was even harder to put on.  I took the lever out and put a little sewing machine oil on it.  I was finally able to put the nut on and off.  I then put the plastic nut on and then off.  I reinstalled it in the toilet tanik. After many tries I finally got it on.



Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment