Followers

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Transplanting in House Two


After breakfast and after the news and after the sunrise, I went to greenhouse two.  There were plants to be transplanted and pole beans that were ready to climb.  In the pictures below I made a trellis for the pole beans.  I drove to 1/2 inch conduit intp the ground on both sides of the bean row. I wired it to the boards to stabilize it.

The arrow peas are ready to climb.  I drove in a shorter conduit on each end of the peas.  I then strung to pieces of twine to hold the pea vines upright.  There is now wind in the greenhouse so they should be alright.
I found a piece of oak.  I drilled holes in both ends of the oak and inserted a large nail through the hole and into the conduit.  I tied twine to the heads of three other large nails.  They hung down over the pole beans.  The other end of the twine was tied to the wood at the top.
I had twelve bush beans which are planted in the center of the picture below. there are two rows.
 I put the sweet corn in two rows in a different raised bed.   At the top of the picture there are four Yellow Crock neck summer squash.
 I am going to put two raised beds on the west side of house two and they will be in the north south direction.  I took off one of the 2x4's of the bench that is there now.  That took awhile to remove all the staples and screws that was holding it together.  I took the 2x4 that is laying on the floor to the garage.  It has a nice weathered side that I hope to use in some type of furniture.
The amaryllis below was full of weeds.  I pulled all of them out and the dumped out the amaryllises
There were four small bulbs and two larger bulbs.  I put the largest one in the original pot.  The next on in a larger pot and the four in smaller pots.
 They are pictured below.  Several had long leaves that I pruned some.
I dug up a tomato plant in the garden that had a different type of tomato on it.  It is growing as shown in the picture below.
 I cut off two of the stems and put them in a bottle of water.  I cut off the lower leaves.  They are in the kitchen window and should grow roots in two to three weeks.
The following photos are of the ice display, that grows daily.



 This one is in a different location.  Two hose are joined together here and has a leak. It sprays some and is making another ice display.
 I walked to the south east corner of our yard.  The large poplar trees have weakened and I am afraid that the wind might blow them over.  I was investigating to determine the best way and time to cut them down so they won't fall to the east and breakdown the power line and break the neighbors horse fence and corals.

This saw buck was out by the poplars.  I brought it to the patio and took it apart.  I could use the wood in some future project.
 Here,the pieces are stacked.  I put them in the garage.  The bottom one is a large piece of pine.



Comments and questions are welcome



No comments:

Post a Comment