Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Not One Wasp

After doing a few chores, I headed for Fillmore.  My suit has not been cleaned for a long time.  It is hard to take to the cleaners up north and pick it up on the same day.  I left it at the Kessler's Cleaners in Fillmore.  It will be ready Friday morning.

I bought some wire in Fillmore to make Tomahooks.  I brought it home and the wire was stiff and hard to bend.

I am getting the water Friday morning.  I filled the spray tank that rides on the mower.  It took awhile to prime the pump.  I rode to our ditch and sprayed the weeds.  I was able to get most of them with out getting off the lawnmower.  I sprayed all the weeds on our side of the road from Mary's driveway to the north west corner of our place.  I used all of the spray.   The mower engine was not working properly.  I sounded like it was not get gas or there was not a spark all the time.  I am a little disappointed with Duff Shelley mower service.
I made a tossed salad with the lettuce, tomatoes, radishes from the garden.  I used frozen peas from our garden last year.  Salad dressing, raison, and sunflower seeds from the marked.
After lunch I planted the tomato plants.  There is one row of Delicious tomato plants, which have been a favorite of ours.  There are thirteen plants.  A couple of them are quite large and some are small and some are in between. The picture is from the back of the garden looking east.  last year there were iris plants and a lot of weeds there.  It is more free of weeds this year.  I sprayed some of them west of the iris.
Here are eight Tasmanian Chocolate tomato plants.  They were free seeds.  One catalog said the plants were two to three tall and another one said three to four feet tall.  Tomato size is eight to twelve ounces.  Seventy day determinate plants.
I couldn't use the wire for Tomahooks, but it will be perfect for the grape plants.  It is a little hard to see the wire.  I also dug more weeds north of the grape trellis.
The pictures that I take with my smart phone from time to time do not show up well.  I found a two more flat tree basket cages.  I was able to make twenty Tomahooks.   I was able to make two or three per minute.  I hung more tomatoes to the overhead wire.   I also pruned more branches.  There are about twenty in a quart mayonnaise bottle.  They will begin rooting in about ten days.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment