Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Rain All Day

Rain all day.

Last year the hanging plants got so heavy that they leaned to the east of the west making it difficult to walk past them let alone pick the tomatoes.   I drove a PVC pipe into the ground by the posts and wired it to the posts.  Today, I used a pair of cross braces with the posts setting on a brick.  The post don't tip to the east or west.  The is no pressure in the north south direction
The above photo is another attempt to stabilize the posts.  It is a two foot piece of plywood screwed into the posts.  It is not quite as stable as the cross braces, but it is fast and easy to install.
The water master called and said, that I would have a water turn in the morning.  I got my trimmer and pitchfork, and drove up to the head ditch.  This is how it looks.  Weeds growing all over.  Mainly grass and mustard weed. I was able to make the weed whip go, but I had to have it on half choke.  I ran out of the string, whip, and had to put on some new.  I got it cleaned up.  Later I called the water master.  Because of the rain I didn't need to irrigate.  Someone else took my turn.

I got a new temple recommend from Kirk and then drove to Fillmore to have it signed by President Barber.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment