Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Changed the Oil and Mowed the Lawn

After morning chores and breakfast, I hung more tomatoes and cucumber plants.
The Sun Gold tomatoes are beginning to get ripe.  Can't wait.  I notice one yesterday, now three or four plants have ripening tomatoes. 
I finished cleaning off the lawn.  There was a large triangular piece of plywood that into 3 1/2 half inch squares.  I use the as a footing for the posts in house one.
Yesterday I transplanted these watermelon seedlings.  They are still looking good.  They are outside in the shade.
This large cactus has a lot of pups growing on it, plus a lot of weeds.  I removed weeds in many of the plants and it the same here.  I was going to break off all the pups, and let them scab some and then plant each in their own pot.
These are squash plants.  They have been outside for over a month.  They will take off when planted in the garden.
This has been and interesting tomato plant.   A late volunteer which had one tomato about the size of the smaller ones in the photo.  They have been getting ripe all spring in house one.  They were only one small bite.  It looked to me that it would take to long to fill a pint container.  Therefore, I would not try to propagate it.  When I saw this big one I changed my mind.
I took three cuttings and stuck them in this quart bottle.  They wilted some so I put them in the outside shade.  For fun I took a cutting from a cucumber plant.  Speaking of cucumbers, I picked three nice ones.
I decided to mow the lawn.  I raised the blade up one notch.  I dumped the grass in the garden.  The mower worked pretty good at first, but by the time I was finished, it was not doing as well.  Gasoline was in the oil again.  I started mowing before lunch.
For lunch I made this salad.  Most everything is from our garden.  Sun flower seeds and eggs are from the market.
The dracaena was taken from house two and planted west of the driveway.  The pot is buried in the ground so it won't blow over.
A few other plants were removed from house two and put on the front steps.
I sprayed the morning glory in the north garden.  There five big patches and I sprayed individual plant in other parts of the garden.
I made another pair of posts.  I cut some plywood that was part of the truck box into rectangular pieces that were 16x24 inches.  The one in the picture looks a little big.
At different times during the day I hung tomato and cucumber plants.
These native iris were full of weeds.  I took  some time this late afternoon to pull them out.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment