Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Preparing Grape Trailis

I was out in the garden this morning digging weeds waiting for Richard.  I then came in and started breakfast.  Richard came.  I turned off the stove where I was making oat mush and went out to help drive in the tee posts.  we worked out there for over an hour.
We worked in the south garden for over two hours.  I found a couple of  6 1/2 foot post.  We did not have enough.  Richard took home his six foot post that he brought yesterday and brought a few more post that were a little longer.  I found a ten foot post.  I cut three feet of the end of it for a seven foot post.   We drove in all of them or I should say that I drove a little bit.  He drove the most.
The posts are eight feet apart and there is six feet between the two rows.  The above photo shows the six foot isle between the two rows.
I use the blue twine to help keep the post in a straight row.  I rolled it up to use it again somewhere else.
The peas and onions have been watered by the rain and I used a hose and water breaker water them well.  Today, I made a dike on both sides of the onions and on both sides of the peas.  I then run water from the rows.  It took most of the day to get them wet.

I finished breakfast.



around two this afternoon we drove to Fillmore for some zip ties and the plastic boxes.  The boxes had not come.  We got gas and came home.

I made a few more tomahooks.

I bought 25 eight inch zip ties. I then bought 100 5 7/8 inches long.  They were way to short.  The eight inch ones were perfect.  I put them around the purlins above the cucumber plants



I dug and pulled weeds around an asparagus plant.

I picked a few asparagus spears and cooked them for lunch.
I bought some crimson sweet watermelon seeds.  They are pictured above.  I planted some old seed earlier.  They should have been planted several weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment