Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wasp Trap

I am anxious to make a wasp trap.  As it has warmed up the wasps are flying all over. particularly in areas that have a lot of places to hide and build nests.  I bought a plastic box last week which it not what I wanted.  While in Payson yesterday I bought a pair of boxes which was exactly what I wanted. I watched You Tube videos today to find out the best was to make them.
I cut off  the top of a two litter bottle.  I had a difficult time making a round hole in the tote lid that would have a tight fit.  The You Tube instructions was to use a utility knife.  I tried it, but it didn't work.  I couldn't push a knife through the plastic.  I used my larges circle cutter and made a round hole but it wasn't large enough.  I then used a raspy grinder to make the hole large enough for the bottle.  I used some greenhouse poly sticky tape.  I cut of little strips and taped the bottle to the lid.
The lid and bottle in the above photo are upside down.  It is hard to see the clear poly tape.
This is a picture of the completed box with Freckles looking on.
This is the box baited with a little water and cat food. I put on the lid and placed the trap in house three.
The above photo is of the Trailing Daisy, Erigeron flagellaris, which is growing in sixteen pots south of house three.  They are blooming nicely.  It is a tough drought tolerant plant.

Two of my neighbors took the large Toro lawnmower.  Richard is going to get it working.


Comments and questions are welcome.  

T

No comments:

Post a Comment