Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Several Projects Today

  1. Install hose bib timer to the pressure tank at the well.  Last year and previous years I had to turn the water on and remember to turn it off.  The water goes to pad one which holds large native shrubs and trees.
  2. I have one sweet potato start the I put in a quart pot.
  3. Prepare and invoice for the Holden ward for the Mother's Day geraniums.
  4. Pot the rooted tomato plants.
  5. Remove the lid from the wasp trap.
  6. Call Steve at Duff Shelley's lawn mower repair shop.
  There are a lot of stinky weeds in the scallions.  They really stink. I started cutting the roots with a pair of scissors; that was too slow.  I pulled them up.  Looks much better now.
Yesterday I pruned the tomato plants in house one.  I stuffed them into this quart bottle. They should begin to root by the end of the month,
Yesterday, I made this salad with most everything coming from out gardens.  I ate half of it yesterday and the rest of it for lunch today.
Carol wanted her lemon trees brought out.  It has been hard to keep them standing.  I tried several different ways.  One year I tied them to conduit stakes.  That worked most of the time, but the wind blew them over.  I have put them in a pot in a pot.  I drove spikes through the bottom of the pot.  The wind still blew them over.  To day I dug holes and buried the pots.  They should not blow over now.  I will dig them up and bring the back to the greenhouse where they will spend the winter.
I took these vine plants outside yesterday afternoon to harden off or get accustom to the outdoor climate.  This afternoon they were pretty wilted.  I rook them back to house two and tonight they looking good.
 I put the rooted cuttings in the four inch square pots and watered them well.  They should be ready to plant in house six in a couple of weeks.
 I called Shelley's about my lawnmower.  I think that I will have a new engine put in.  I gave Steve the serial and model number.  He called later this evening.  It will cost nearly $3,000 for the engine, taxes, and shipping.  The above picture shows the location of the numbers.
I planted six more tomato Tasmanian Chocolate tomato.  Three are shown above.
Another look at the lemon tree.
This lawnmower has been in house five for a lot of years.  Richard is beginning to fix it.  Here it is in several pieces.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment