Followers

Friday, May 18, 2018

Irrigating Today

I thought that I was to take the water at 6:30.  It was about 6:45 when I got it.  There was a lot of weeds and junk floating down the ditch that I had to remove.
Yesterday, I put this timer on the pressure tank at the well.  I had it turn off after 200 minutes.  When I came back, all the trees and shrubs in pad one were well watered.  I set the timer today to run for 180 minutes to come on at 3 a.m.  I will check in the morning to see if there are any remaining water.
I could not get the two pipes to connect because they were of different sizes.  Most of the water ran through the larger one to take water at different place on my lawn.
Same as above.  If there is some spacing between the pipes, the water is dispersed over a longer distance.
Raymond, our neighbor to the west.  Takes the water out of the same pipe.  Here it is running into his yard.  We went to Fillmore for some groceries and some 14 gauge wire from Ropers.  We were back in about one hour.  He had the water for a couple of hours.   We had the water again until six, where I turned it back to him.
At this point the water can be diverted to three different ditches.  To the right it goes into a pipe and comes to our yard.  To the left it goes to a horse pasture.   If the center gate is open, it goes to two different people.  
Here I have water running to the asparagus.  Some of these got watered several times. 

Irrigating is pretty tiring.  Water running on the lawn.  Water running on the garden, and water running on a different lawn.  I had to move pipes at different locations.  If I were able to start over.  I would leveled the yard and have different terraces.   By the end of the day, I was tired.
 I built new Tomahooks with the 14 gauge wire that I bought.  It is extremely easy to bend and makes a suitable hook.  I modified others so I can hang them without a ladder and using a three foot piece of 1/2 inch PVC  pipe.  There are three in the above picture.
This narrow photo shows the tomato plant and the hook.  Whoops the tomato plant is missing.  I may have cropped it off.  It is in front of the black nursery pot.


Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment