Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Transplant Watermelon Seedlings

I took Carol to the hospital where they drew some blood for a couple of other tests.
I had one seedling of Stansbury Rock Daisy, Perityle stansburyi.  I transplanted it in a 4.5 inch pot this morning.  I was growing in the tray under the pot.  This afternoon it had really wilted.  It should look better in the morning after a cool night.
I worked for a couple of hours and finished removing the box.  There were a lot of screws and bolts that I removed.  From here it looks like a different truck.  I hauled most of the boards to house five.  The plywood is leaning against a large poplar tree.

Just before lunch I had a female customer and four kids.  A four month old baby boy and three daughters, the oldest being seven years.
 A couple of weeks ago I planted some old Crimson Sweet watermelon seeds that got over ten years ago.  I planted them pretty thick in a jumbo six pack.  My intent was to pull all of them out except one.  I pulled one out and it had some nice roots.   I cut one cell from the six pack which had eleven seedlings.
The potting soil is pretty dry.  I filled the six pack and set in water a bucket.  After a couple of hours they are really wet.
I carefully pulled the seedlings apart and put them  in an other jumbo six pack, but only one seedling per cell.  I have never done this before.  
At the end of the day, they look pretty good.
Iris missouriensis, Wild Iris, is blooming in containers.
This evening primrose growing west of house six is blooming.  I don't remember planting it.  There are several growing in this area.
The six cucumber plants are doing well.  This is one of three burpless cucumbers growing on these vines.  We have nearly a hundred plants growing in other greenhouses.

I did quite a lot of weeding today.  I removed all of the weeds from around then perennials.
 I dug up most of the annual weeds in the north garden.  I left the morning glory, bind weeds.  I will spray those in the morning.
These weeds are on the south edge of the north garden.  I dug most of those.    I also dug weeds in the strawberry patch.  There is one ripe strawberry which I picked and later ate it.



Questions and comments are welcome.


                 I 


No comments:

Post a Comment