Followers

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Surprised - Frank and Diane


Nyleen and Miles came this morning.  He brought his clippers and I got a haircut.  Also, they came for a dozen tomato plants.  We were visiting and relating temple experiences.

The surprise, Nyleen and Miles saw a man walk past our south door.  I thought maybe it was a custumor, but the surprise was Frank.  I walked out the nursery and began the work of transplanting the cucumber plants in house six.
I stared out this morning by working in house one.  It was much cooler and I had a lot to do.  I wanted to brace the posts.  I had used a 1x4 and drilled holes through each end and drove screws through the hole into the posts.  Today I ripped the 1x4's in half.  
these hog panels were being held up by two 6 1/2 tee posts.  I soaked the ground where the
This is where I will plant two rows of grrapes.  The photo above is taken from the west end of the garden looking east.  The two tee posts, one on the left and the other on the right, and a blue twine is tired to the ones on the east end.  I used and eight foot 2x2 to measure the distance between each post.  the rows are six feet apart.  I marked the location of the post by removing a shovel full of soil.  The grape plant will be planted between each post.
 Diane cleaned a row in house six for the cucumbers.  The cucumbers were planted eighteen inches apart. The drip tape was put down and the water turned on.
 We got a package from Maison, our grand daughter, containing two mother's days cookies.  One above and one below.  Eric and April ordered them to give to Carol for mother's day.

 Maison's business card is above.  She has a talent for decorating cookies and cupcakes.
At the end of the day, the cub scouts came and I explained the nursery business to them and named most of the plants that we have.  I gave each of them two shopping bags with a head of leaf lettuce in each bag.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment