Followers

Friday, May 4, 2018

Larry and Leslie

One of the first things done this morning is  to take care of the Tri-Star strawberry plants.  They came yesterday.
This is the second batch that I got.  These were much healthier looking than the first ones.  I found these fourteen inch hanging baskets.  I filled each basket with a shovel full of compost.  The I finished filling the baskets with potting soil.  I soaked the strawberry plants in a bucket partially filled with water.  I   There are four plants in each basket.

Carol's brother, Larry and his wife Leslie, stopped for a short visit.  They were in Las Vagas and stopped here on their way home in south-west Salt lake county.

I made some toma-hooks.  I was able to make them pretty close to the same size.  I used some wire from a tree basket.
 There are several views of this piece of walnut wood.  The black line on the left is a dado cut in the end grain of the wood.  It is used horizontal rather than vertical.  A thirteen inch wire is inserted into the dado with equal lengths on both sides.  It is hard to describe.  I will be making a video.
The wire is put between the two bolts and bent either left or right or up or down to get it into the proper shape.

I planted Topaz melon seeds and Crimson sweet.  The seed is nearly ten years old.  I planted extra seeds.  If they all germinate, I will thin them to three or four.  
I have been pretty busy and didn't water when I should of watered.  I watered house two and three.  The last time I checked, all of the plants were hydrated.
Yesterday we planted and watered these tomato plants.  This afternoon, I used tomato clips and fasten them to some twine.  I will be doing more as they grow.
The tomahooks are hooked to the overhead wire. 

I made more Tomahooks.  Just before dark I took the conifer that is in the corner by the front door outside.  I drove three conduit stakes into the ground in a triangular pattern.  I tied the tree to the stakes with some white twine.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment