Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Trellising the Peas


trellising
The lawn looked like it needed mowing and our lawn mower is not working.  I moved the hoses that were on the lawn; then used the last of the air in the compressor to pumped up the tires.   
I have shown the above picture several time, but each time it is more mature.   It is Stansbury Rock Daisy, Perityle stansburyi, which is growing north of house three.  I started up the lawnmower and drove by this plant.  Later I came back to take the pictures.  I has a lot of buds.

I spent nearly an hour helping Alisha Bills in her yard.  I took my little sprayer filled with round up and sprayed a lot of the weeds around he plants.
Carol asked me to cut and remove the sod that was growing on this curb that sets the flower beds from the lawn.
This is a close-up.
 I mowed the front lawn first and then the back lawn.  The lawnmower quit before I was finished.  I took the grass to house one and mulched some tomato plants with it.  It is in the picture above.
Yesterday I bought four, ten four foot half inch conduit.  I cut each one into three pieces.  They were three feet, four inches long.  I took them out the garden use the to make trellis for the peas.  I drove them in the ground on the south side of the peas.  They were about twelve feet apart.  The peas were planted over the water line.   I drove one in the ground and hit something hard.  I thought it might be a small tree stump.  I move the conduit three or four inches to the west and did it again.  I pounded harder.  Water started to come up.  I new that I hit the pipe.
I started digging and found the brake. I would of missed it if was 1/2 inch to the south or north.  I broke a 3/4 inch pipe.  I turned of the water and cut out the piece from the far right and the far left.  I took the piece to Roper's for the part to replace it.
I glued them all together.  One part was the wrong size.  I found another part in house four, but it cross threaded.  I found another one which worked.  I turned the water back on and no leaks.
Robert and Frank came with the wand for the sprayer.  They worked on it for over an hour.  To make a long story short, the sprayer nozzle kept plugging up.  They cleaned and plug, etc.  Finally the removed all the hoses and took the home.  The will buy new hoses.

Carolyn Stevens came by to pick up the plants that I started for them several months ago.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment