Followers

Monday, May 7, 2018

Tomahook and Good Neighbors


I worked most of the morning putting up the posts.  Some were very loose.  I braced all of the with a four foot board.  I drilled holes in both ends of the board.  I drove a screw the board into the posts near the ground.  That is on the left.  I then drove a screw throw the other end of the board about four feet above the ground.  That held them pretty good.   I will need help to put the other cross piece to be sure the post are parallel.  
I prepare the tomahooks by wrapping them with about sixteen feet of twine.  I hooked it to the high wire making sure that the bottom of string was touching the ground.  I attached the twine to the tomato plant with tomato clip.  I did that until I ran out of tomahooks.
Here the bottom end of the twine is attached to the tomato plant stem.
It was getting pretty hot in house one and I had run out of the tomahooks, so I went into the garage and made some more.  I tried several different ways to bend the wire.  I ended up drive two screws into the side of a piece of 2x4.  It was quite eeasy to bend the wire into a tomahook shape.

I drove to Fillmore to by a couple of large plastic boxes.  I want the boxes to make a wasp or yellow jacket trap.  There weren't any in the three stores that I checked.   Roper's will order one for me.  I will get it Thursday.

There was a car in front of house two.  I stopped.  There were a couple of ladies from the ward that had stopped for lettuce.  I helped pulled some for them. 

Our neighbors, Katie Lemon, and Madean Lemon were working in our yard.  They mowed, trimmed, and pulled weeds.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment