Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Fix in House One/drying Cherry Tomatoes

12 September 2018

We did the morning chores and finished up on the Green tomato salsa.
We got eight half pints, and two quarts.   The photo is a little fuzzy.
 Robert left several bags of shredded boxes and papers for his worms.   The worms died so  I put the shredded papers on the compost pile.   I keep it wet to speed up decay.
I put other thing on top.  I did a lot of weeding and all the weeds were also put on the compost pile.
I also put the shredded paper on the raised bed with the cucumber.  I hope that it will control the weeds and retrain moisture.
There were a lot of trays between the north wall and the soil bin.  While transplanting, instead of putting empty trays away, we through them down to the ground.
 I haven't kept up with the picking.  Many of the fruits are rotting on the ground.  I am working on a plan of selling them.
I cut the stem close to the ground of the Coyote tomato plant.  It grows three foot branches in less than a week.
The Coyote tomato plant is a cherry tomato with small pale yellow fruits which are quite tasty, but hard to pick.  It takes a long time to get any fruit.  I am not growing them again.
This is one that I cut down a couple of weeks ago.  I removed the string and the tomahooks.
Lunch was a tomato sandwich.  The tomato was between two slices of bread and leaf lettuce from house six.  I had extra pieces of tomatoes.
I had trouble with the compressor that I bought last week.  It had a leak.  I used soapy wat and discovered that the air was leaking on both ends of the hose. I put on more Teflon tape and really tightened them.  Now it doesn't leak anymore.  I was about to take it back to Roper's where I bought it, but decided to check for leaks first.
Our peaches are falling on the ground.  I was going to pick in the morning.  Carol suggested that I pick tonight before the wind blows more out of the tree.  It looks like there is a little over a bushel.
I picked from the strawberries in pad one.  The are ever baring.  Something for breakfast in the morning.
The plan is to grade the tomatoes based on the above tomatoes.  One, four, and five have no blemishes.
Creeping Oregon Grape, Mahonia, repens, is fruiting now.  I quickly to the above photo.
While watching the news this evening I picked the stems of the raisons.


Questions and comments are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment