Followers

Monday, September 3, 2018

Saturday, Sunday, & Monday

I helped Carol the Monday morning chores.
The grapes are nearly all raisons.
We made a quick trip to Fillmore.  I bought a 1/2 inch hose connect which was to small.  I found a piece pictured above, with a little modification, that worked.
Detroit Red Beats are going much fast than expected.   There are four different planting.  One each week.  Those on the left are ready to harvest with marble size beets.
Some of the tomatoes are getting so heavy, that it concerns me the heavy load on the bows.  May be heavier that six inches of snow.  I cut 115 inches off a sixteen foot 2x4.  It was too long to fit under the bow.  I kept cutting it shorter.  It was too short.  I put under it a six inch 2x4 piece. Finally I made a piece from 1/2 inch plywood.   I plan to use more during this month.
I cut a slight 'V' in the top of the 2x4 to prevent it from sliding left of right.
The tomatoes are very heavy and have bent some of the Toma Hooks.  The one on the left is 12 gage wire.  The other two are 12 gage wire.
I couldn't find my tool for removing the Toma Hooks.  So I made a new one.  This one has a nail a little above the tip.  As soon as I brought it back from the garage, I found the one I made a couple of weeks ago.
 The pole beans are beginning make beans.   The one above is about six inches long.
The above picture shows a bean vine growing through hole in the shovel handle.  I unwound it and pulled all of it through the hole.  It was nearly two feet long.
The center of this sixteen foot hog panel is a hoop made of two panels. It is about six feet high.  It is where I am growing the beans.  On the right is sweet corn and on the left are tomato plants.
I redesigned my tool for hanging the tomato plants.  I glued up scrap piece of wood to the old one .  It is stronger and I will finish it tomorrow .


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment