Followers

Monday, September 10, 2018

The Tomatoes Fell

First thing after breakfast we picked three full buckets of tomatoes.  We also picked jalapenos and harvested curl leaf parsley.  We took them over to one of our neighbors.
We picked beans this morning.  Carol got five pints.
 I came back to house one after the earlier picking and the horizontal wire pulled loose from the turnbuckle.  All of the plants on row Three fell to the ground.  I removed the old wire and replaced it with a heavier gage wire.  I removed all the half inch conduit stake and drove in 1 1/2 inch chain link fencing pipes.  I secured the wooden posts to them.
I spent most of the day rehanging all of the tomato plants.  Many of the Toma Hooks were bent and I replaced the with new ones with heavier wire.  The above photo shows the plants hanging.  They need to be pruned again and moved so the tomatoes will not be touching the ground.

 The above picture was an accident.  I put it in as a symbol of the buckets of tomatoes that were destroyed.
The deseret 4'clock 

Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment