Followers

Friday, September 21, 2018

I Mowed the Lawn and the Mower didn't

This morning after breakfast we gathered up the onions.
The white bucket has the Copra onions.  They will keep into the summer.  There are a few more that are waiting to cure.  I will get those sometime next week.

The lawn is a big need of being mowed.   There are places where the grass is tall and other places where there are a lot of weeds.
I hooked up the battery charger as shown in the top left hand corner   I drained the oil pictured in the bottom right corner.  While the battery was charging I removed the hoses.  And in house for awhile I worked at the computer developing a paper explaining the CSA or community supported agriculture.  After lunch I added some oil to the lawnmower engine.  I couldn't find any motor oil.  I did find a gallon container which I thought had used oil, but it was gear oil of the weight of 80.  I put  1 1/2 quarts of oil in.  The mower started up and I mowed the whole lawn with ease.  The motor slowed down slightly but did not quite.  I dumped the catcher two times.
The burpless cucumber plants were badly infected with mites.  I cut them off at ground level and removed all the tomato clips.
The picture above shows the length of a cucumber vine.  It is nearly fourteen feet long.

Robert and Frank came this afternoon.  They were here for nearly three hours.  We discussed plans for next year.  Frank took tomatoes, beets, cucumbers, salad onions, and one geranium home with him.  He really liked the big burpless cucumbers.

I turned the water on the center sprinklers in the back yard at five and turned it off at nine and turned on the sprinklers on the south side.  It will run all night.


Comments and questions are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment