Followers

Friday, September 28, 2018

To the Jordan River Temple, Almost.

We planned to be at the Jordan River Temple this evening, but yesterday  Carol was catching a cold.  We thought that we would go, but by afternoon, she wasn't feeling any better.  Briana, our granddaughter is receiving her endowment.  I text her telling her that we could not make it.
Yesterday, two kids in my neighborhood picked up the acorns.   They picked up the acorns plus a lot of dirt, sticks and leaves.
I used this tray as a strainer and strained out the dirt.  The sticks and leaves rose to the top as I shook it,  I then removed most of the sticks and leaves and then removed all the acorns.
The dirt and leaves ended up at this pile.
When finished I had this container of acorns.
The Peaches and Cream sweetcorn is ready to transplant.  I made two rows in the south bed.  There are eight in each row.  I then went to lunch.

After lunch I told Carol that I was going to cut down the peony plants.  She told me to cut down the elm trees in the west garden.  I removed the wire cages and cut them down.  There were weeds that I also cut.
I carried the stems and leaves with this pitchfork to the compost pile.  The handle kept coming off.  I cut a narrow strip of greenhouse poly.  I put the stem of the fork in the hole of the handle.   The poly held fork and the handle together.
There are two asparagus plants in the west garden on the east end.  I cut down both of them and took them to the compost pile.
The above photo shows a couple of small elm trees.
The same scene after I cut them down.
 
With a small paint brush I painted the stump with round-up. I cut down five or six small elm trees.  
Round up is used on these stumps.
The chain saw quite before I finished.  I used the bow saw to cut the trees into smaller pieces to load them on the trailer.


Comments and Questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment