Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Smoking Lawnmower

After morning chores and breakfast I picked three buckets of tomatoes.
These are for Ann Stephenson, our neighbor.  The buckets are little over half full.  The weight of the tomatoes will smash the tomatoes on the bottom.  
We ate our first corn from our garden last Sunday.  I picked a bucket full of corn wondering if it ripe enough.  I shucked it and it was okay.  I picked the rest of the corn except for a few ears that we will eat next week.  There is another row of corn that will be ready in a couple of weeks.
 A bowlful of corn ready to be cut of the cob.
After the corn has been cut of the cob, it is put on the cookie tray.
It is covered with plastic wrap and but in the freezer in the garage. 
I drained the oil and put in some new oil.  It was a combination of power steering oil and motor oil.  I cleared the lawn of garden hoses. The battery was dead.  I put on the battery charger and charged it for ninety seconds.  It started right up.  I mowed the front, west, and east lawns without difficulty.  It quit on the back lawn.
The engine was quitting and smoke was coming out of the exhaust pipe. I shut it  off.  I took a picture as the smoke gently drifted to the west.
I started it up again and was able to finish mowing the lawn.  The mower all most stopped, but kept going.  I stopped north of house two and got the above picture.  I dumped the grass and drove into house three where I keep it.  
 I planted this 1206 tray with sweet corn.  I put one seed in each cell.  I will have 72 plants if they all grow.  These will be planted in house two.
This 1206 tray is planted with Elder Berry seeds.  This tray was put in house three.  I expect it to germinate some time in March.
The tool that I made to lift the tomato plants by the TomaHook did not work properly.  I glue the little piece of wood to the tip.  Tomorrow will shape it.


Comments and questions are welcome.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment