Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Two More Buckets


We picked two more buckets of tomatoes for Karen Bennett.  I took them to her.  She was glad to get them.  They are pretty good tomatoes.
After I got back I picked tomatoes and cucumbers.  These area the post office.  Most were gone when I picked up the tote this evening.
These are spoiled tomatoes.  I took them to the chickens.
It is Halloween time.  I got out the pumpkin cutouts and put them on the front porch.  I had to put in new screws in the base because they were loose.  
I have this Gambel Oak west of our driveway,  Most of the acorns have fallen to the ground.
I started to pick them up with the intention to sale them on eBay.  I can't get on my knees anymore. I hired one of the neighbor kids to pick them up and put them in a bucket.  The got a rake and raked dirt, rocks, leaves, sticks, and acorns into four piles. They were going put them in buckets and dump them on the other side of the road.  The buckets were full mostly of dirt and rocks.

I tried blowing everything but the acorns away.  First I used a window fan, that didn't work,  I then used a leaf blower, that didn't work. I used several different strainers.  That worked a little.  I washed the dirt away.  That worked a little.  I then put the material in a bucket of water.  The sticks floated to the top.  I removed the sticks and pored the water and acorns through a sieve.  The acorns were closer together.  I could sit and remove the acorns.
I got a group of twenty acorns and sale them for $10 plus shipping.  I will market them on Face Book.
This kitten's mother hasn't been around today and maybe yesterday too.



Comments and questions are welcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment