Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Peaches and Jam

I picked the peaches last night.  This morning we started the canning process.  Carol  put some in boiling water for a minute or so.  Then we started to peel.
Carol filled four bottles while was still working on the first one.  I changed knives and the work went much faster.
We had thirty-two pint bottles full of peaches.  That was four batches.  
 We drove to Fillmore before lunch.  Carol got a few groceries.  I bought the light fixture which is shown in the above photo.  I turned off the power and then removed the old fixture.  It has been flickering which was somewhat annoying.  I read the directions to make sure it did it right.  It was easily removed.  Putting the new one was difficult.  I worked on it for over an hour.  I finished and turned the power back on and it worked.
With the peaches left over we made six pints of peach jam.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment