Followers

Friday, September 14, 2018

Jam to Cattle Panel

As soon as it was light we picked the pole beans. They were hanging from the bowed hog panels.  There were a lot of them which filled a five gallon bucket half way.  Carol washed and put them in a plastic grocery bag.  I picked a bunch of cucumbers.  Carol took them to Karen Bennett her beautician and friend.
We have some frozen strawberries that are two years old.  Carol started thawing them last night.  This morning we made strawberry jam.
We made eight half pints and one pint.  Later I had some one toast. It was really good
White Star.
Red Candy  
Copra
Candy

We drove to Fillmore to get some groceries and I made a stop at Ropers to get a couple of air filters for the furnace.  The one the right was installed last April.  You can see how dirty it is.
 I sliced and apple in thin strips a couple of days ago and they quickly dried.  They were a little bit tastless but after a few chews the sweetness came forth.
One of the hens escaped the chicken run.  She was flying out in the corner next to the garage.  I put up a large welded netting which will prevent her from leaving he associates.  
It is time or past time to plant garlic.  I watched several You Tube videos on planting garlic.  I put some compost in the wheel barrow.
I dug up the onions earlier in the day and then tilled a row were they planted early this spring.  
I had one garlic that we got from one of our neighbors.  I separated the ten cloves and arranged them starting with the largest first.  I also mixed some bone meal into the soil.  I planted the six to eight inches apart.  I started the water.
I put more apples on the drier and one banana.


Comments and questions are welcomed.  










No comments:

Post a Comment