Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Beans and Buckets of Tomatoes

Morning chores and breakfast is over we begin picking.  We picked our pole beans and two buckets of tomatoes.  
 We dug all the onions except the copra onion.
I picked these cucumbers yesterday and gave them to the chickens.  With a shovel I sliced them sort of down the middle.
 This is an orange cucumber that is growing in house six.  I didn't plant it and don't know where it came from.  This is the second different tomato plant that we have.
 This tote is prepared for the post office.
 Another bucket of cucumbers for the chickens.  I gave them half.  I then sliced them with a shovel.
There are a lot of tomatoes that are rotting or begging to rote on the vine.  I gathered some of them and gave them to the chickens.  The black hen facing to the right and cast a shadow.  She has her beak into the tomato.
 I filled my back pack sprayer with weed killer and sprayed a bunch of weeds in the west side of our yard.
I collected some Bigtooth Maple seeds.  I should have done it two or three weeks ago.  Most of them have dried.
 I planted the maple seeds in a 1020 tray.  Will be watered tomorrow.
This Jupiter Beard has been quite pretty this summer.  However, it is quite weedy.  I cut it down and put it on the compost pile.
Under the Jupiter Beard there is several saffron plants.  They will soon be blooming.
 It was a surprise to see this eggplant in house six.  There are two of them ready to harvest.  
 Here is the other one.
Another surprise.  We bought this Easter lily in April.  After it lost its blooms we planted in Kidney, glower garden. It began to grow and today it is blooming.

There are two other buds.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment