Followers

Friday, August 31, 2018

Finished the Stool


Yesterday, I started a stool so I could sit and do some of the greenhouse chores.  The gluing went well except for the final glue. The last rail did not fit.  It was about 1/4 inch too low.  You can see that from the blue arrow on the upper right hand corner.
With a little pressure in the right places I was able to get it right.  All the joints are glued and screwed.  It is about twenty-one inches tall and the seat is 13 1/2 inches square.  I tried it out and it is too high.  I brought it back to the garage and cut 1 1/2 inches from each leg.  It is pretty handy.
I watered the south west garden.  While I was waiting for the water to run down each row, I hoed up the new weed that germinated because of the heavy rain from a couple of weeks ago.
There was a watermelon vine in a spot where I did not plant it.  It was from a seed from a watermelon there from last year.  It is doing well with out much water.
 This plant started to bloom again.  The above pictures is at the top and the picture below is from large pups.

There were a bunch of plants that were full of weeds.  Mainly purslane and spurge.  I removed all of them.
I picked to large tomatoes.  The one on the left is called Delicious.  The one on the right is Rainbow, it think.
 I tested the stool in house six.  I could sit on the stool and reach the weeds.
I pulled weeds sitting on the stool.  When finished with all that I could reach, I picked the stool and move it to a new location. I am hoping to prevent the weeds from going to seed.  Hence lessor weeds next year.

I did a lot of pruning tomatoes in houses one and six.


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment