Followers

Friday, August 24, 2018

Weed Before Carol Does

Watered most everything in the garden.
The bean plants are doing so well.  The first blossoms appeared.  The beans will soon follow.
These are the beet plants.  There were not enough plants for the above space,  therefore, I planted two seeds into three holes.  They are germinating.  They may be covered by transplants on both sides.
The grapes are turning into raisons.  Removing the stems will take a long time.  Next year I thing that I will remove the stems before drying.
I worked in house six several different times during the day.  I made Tomahooks and used all of them.  I tied most of the tomato plants to the trellis lines.
The lawnmower broke down about three weeks ago in the backyard.  I was almost finished mowing.  I tried several times to start it and failed each time.  Richard, my neighbor, has helped me several times.  He has been gone most of the time since then.  He was home today, and I walked over to his house and asked him to pull the mower off the lawn.  He came over, took off the gas cap.  You guessed it.  The tank was empty.   I put what little gas that I into the tank.  The battery was pretty much dead.  We put the charger on and left it on for over an hour.  We cranked it but no luck.  Richard went home a got some starter fluid.  It started right up.   The front left tire was flat.  He, Richard, brought over a small compressor and pumped up the tire.  I mowed the lawn that wasn't mowed earlier.  I couldn't mow more because there was not much gas.
 This was the weed patch west the driveway, next to the road.  Carol threatened me.  If I don't dig up those weeds she would.  I worked out there for nearly two hours.  I dug all of the up,


The above three pictures are different shot of the same area.  The picture above show a lot of purslane.  I will spray them tomorrow or Monday.


Comments and questions are welcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment