Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Finally Beets are transplanted


 Red beets begin to germinate on the fifth day after planting.  It takes about four weeks to be ready for transplanting.  This is what I did this morning.  There is about seventy five transplants.  It will probably take another four weeks to harvest.
I worked a couple of hours in house six dropping the tomato plants.  There are three rows of tomato plants in house six.  I dropped one row.  I forgot to take a picture.  It felt a little cooler because of the fans pulling air through the house.  There is a pile of some of last year plants stacked here.   There is another pile west of the west end of house six.  I keep it wet and it is beginning to rot.   In  the above picture there was a nest of wasps.  I will catch the wasps in the morning while it is still cool.
I picked four buckets of cucumbers.  Some were pretty large may be too tough for eating.  I graded them and will take the best ones to the post office in the morning.  Most of the rest will be fed to our chickens.
 Here is a large cucumber.  The chickens have learned that if the peck there way into it they will find the good seeds.  They also eat most of the cucumber.
Here is one of the large hens.
Carol put this puzzle together.  I took her a couple of days.  It is actually nine puzzles in one.
I put out some honey in several locations to trap wasps.  I got one yesterday.  The above pictures is a bunch of ants.  They are about a millimeter in length.  They are hauling the honey away.

It took me most of the day to water the west lawns.  I put fertilizer on the lawn west of our driveway.

We went to Fillmore for groceries.  I stopped at Ropers and got me a pair of gloves and some straps.  The didn't have any.  I lost my gloves and have looked for them a couple of weeks.  On the way home if found them in the car under my feet. If you loose something you can find it as soon as you bug another one.

Comments and questions are welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment