Followers

Friday, August 17, 2018

The Lawnmower Died

This morning after doing some of the watering in the garden I began work in house one.  It is the same old story.  Prune and drop.  I used a small step stool to reach the high wires.  There was not room in the next row for the step stool.
I built the small stool.  It is twelve inches tall.  It is light weigh and easy to move and easy to stand on.  It is made out of 2x4's,  The top is made out of tongue and grove siding that I found at the dump  It took me a couple of hours.  After I solved the design problem it went pretty fast.

The


 This afternoon I drained the oil and put in a new quart of new oil. When I turned the key, the battery was dead.  I put the charger on and then got the weed whip, but it would not start.
The lawnmower started but it wasn't easy.  I started on the front lawn and mowed around it and the mower slowed down and stopped.  After it rested a while I got it started again.  I could mow ten feet or so and it would slow down.  I could keep it going by shutting the blade and then stopping the forward motion, and then I pull the throttle half way back.  I would then give it full throttle engage the blade and in a moment or two I could mower another ten to twenty feet.  The process was repeated.  I finished the front lawn, and then the east lawn,  I dumped the catcher and mowed the west lawn.  I mowed 3/4's of the back lawn and it quit.  Carol said that it was shooting flames out the exhaust.
The lawnmower quit early in the spring.  We drained the gas that was in the tank.  Some of it ended on the lawn.   A dead spot has been on the lawn since then.  There is a lettuce plant growing in the dead spot.

It was our turn to help clean the church.  I vacuumed the chapel while Carol cleaned the rest rooms and kitchen.  It took us about an hour and one half to do that.

I just went out to turn off the water in house one and six and lock up the hens.  The driveway was wet. So we got what would be called a trace of rain.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment