Followers

Monday, August 6, 2018

Saturday Through Monday



Saturday morning I planted another tray of Detroit Red Beets.
A couple of pictures of the Zinnias.  They have really been pretty this year.

Early Saturday morning the was a deer in our garden.  The ground was quite wet and I got some pictures of some tracks.

The deer ate some of the leaves from our Blue Lake Pole beans.
I worked some on the tomato cages.  I had already one cage in place.  The tomatoes were growing up through it.  I made a platform for the second cage by making a 6x6 inch square out of plywood.  I drilled a hole through the center of it and attached it to the conduit with a large spike that went through the hole into the conduit.
 The cage set upside down on the platorm.
This cactus in house two is blooming.
Pretty pleased with this tomato plant.  It is a clone of one that grew from a seed in our tomato garden last year.  It is easy to pick and has an excellent flavor.  It has no name now.
I worked most of the morning pruning in house one and house six.  I clipped all the new growth of tomato plants to the tallies twine in house six.  I clipped some in house one.  I laid down some of the tomato plants in house one.  They are so high that I can't reach them.  I unwound some of the string from the Toma-toe hooks, which put the tops of vines where I can reach them.
We had to go to Fillmore for a few groceries, make a deposit, and get some gasoline for the lawnmower.  When we got home I did the watering.  I filled the mower tank with gas.  The mower started pretty good.  I made one trip around the lawns without any mower problems.  The engine nearly stopped about ten times.  Then it did stop.  It wouldn't start.  I did some weeding letting the engine cool down some.   I was then able to start it and finish mowing the lawn.


Comment's and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment