Followers

Friday, August 10, 2018

Black Widow Patience

I did the yard watering.  I worked in house one for over an hour dropping the tomato plants.  I have dropped one row.  There are seven more to go.  I removed a couple of plants completely.  The fruit was small and thinly scattered throughout the plant.

I had planted strawberry seeds back in March.  The were transplanted into 3 1/2 inch pots.  They were slow to /grow, but by now the were doing good.  She put five of these strawberry plants in a large #7 .
When finished she had a nice strawberry container that will produce tiny strawberries until it freezes.
When I was watering I found this sphinx moth caught in a black widow spider web.  It was trying to get loose.  The black with came out and saw me and then went back into hiding. It took a lot of patience on the part of the black widow.  Later this evening the moth was dead.
 I planted beets about eight weeks ago and harvested this bundle of five beets.
I had them for lunch.  I had to boil them for about thirty minutes to get a soft bead.  I buttered the up and salt them down.   They tasted really good.
Yesterday, I used twine to stretch a line from each end of house six. This afternoon I wound it around this quart pot.
 It took me most of the afternoon to transplant the rest of the tomato plants.  They were planted at eighteen inch centers.  I used a bamboo stake and a tomato clip to hold them up straight.
The two photos above show the same plants.  One is of the left side and the other the right side.
 I was walking through the orchard checking out the fruit trees.  I had to duck under the dead branches.  I decided then and there that I would cut off  the branches.  There were a lot of them.  The picture above and the two below illustrates the pruning done.
 There are also a lot of peaches.
While I had the chain saw out, I cut off a low branch on this cherry tree.  I had to bend over every time I mowed around it.
I pruned this large seedless honey suckle tree.  One branch was rubbing some on the shingles of our house.  There is another branch rubbing on the roof of the garage.  That one is coming down in the morning.
I drug all the branch out to the trailer.  I may take it to the dump tomorrow if we have time.


The deer or a deer was in our yard again last night.


Comments and questions are welcome.










No comments:

Post a Comment