Followers

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Day After the Rain


The pole beans are climbing.  The above photo is of the blossom stem.
 The grapes are slowly turning into raisons.  The darker colored grapes are almost raisons.
 There are a lot of weeds growing in house two.  Some are under this white poly.  I put that poly there to control weeds.  It backfired some.  The weeds grew under and some were raising the poly some.    I moved the plants on the blocks and then moved the blocks off the poly.  I cut a big piece of poly off the rest of the poly that is under the bench to the right.
I hoed the weeds with a stirp hoe.  The weeds were them taken to the compost pile.  I moved the blocks next to the bench at the right.  The grape plants are not on the ground, but on the blocks again.
This is a funny unidentified weed.  It makes a pretty good rosette.
 I transplanted these seedless cucumber plants into this raised bed several weeks ago.  I put trellis twine up and attached the vines to the twines with tomato clips.  There are a few small cucumbers.
I was reading on line about parsley and it seems to be a really good herb.  Many health benefits for Italian parsley.  I transplanted it into ten four inch pots.  I also transplanted ten plant in the raised bed.  The pots are on the left and those in the raised bed are on the right.
Carol's potted plant is not doing well.  The leaves were falling off.  We brought it outside for a couple of days.  This afternoon I took it out of the small pot that it was in; then I pruned the roots.  It is back on the front porch.
I was weeding the plants that are in pad one.  A large tub filled with strawberry plants had Stinging Nettle in it.  I didn't know what it was.  I reached in with my bare hands and it started stinging.  I put gloves on and pulled the rest of it.  I think that there was one plant with three branches.  I didn't see any roots.  The I went into the house and washed my hands.  After an hour or so the sting was gone.

I pruned tomato plants in houses one and six.

I was in the house with a laptop on my lap making a list of produce and in which month the will be ready for market.  And an income sheet.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment