Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Rain and More Rain

We left home early this morning for the Manti Utah temple.  There were a few sprinkles all the way.  There were thunder storms most of the morning that we were there.  When we arrived at home around 2:30 this afternoon.  There were few rain showers on the way home.
I put out a bucket Sunday afternoon.  This afternoon it had 1 1/2 inches of water in it.
There was some flooding in the south west garden.  The water came through our neighbors property and washed soil and other debris into our garden.  It cause any damage.
We have melons and watermelons in that garden.  A lot of mud was splashed on the leaves.
Horse manure deposited in house two because of the flooding.
The was also some flooding in house one.
The heavy rain knocked off a lot of apples.
The grapes are beginning to dry.  
The above picture is a close-up of one corner of the dryer.
I prepared the overhead wire for the twine and tomato clips.  Now the tomatoes are held up with bamboo stakes.
 I tied up the horizontal wire with the blue twine.  It is tied up to every bow.   It is barely visible.
I used the turnbuckle to tighten it.  The wire was broken from last year and I hooked the broken ends together.  I took me awhile tie them securely together.
There were a lot of weeds that were growing through a dip line.  I had a little extra time, so I dug them up.
The humming birds are migrating.  There were a dozen or more of them drinking the feeder.  It was almost empty.  Carol made a syrup and I put it in the feeder after dark.


Comments and questions are welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment