Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Dropping Tomato Plants

I worked most of the morning in house one.  I wanted to prune and drop tomato plants before it gets to hot.  I pruned most of the plants.  I dropped one row going north.  I started another going north.  There was one variety, about seven cherry tomato plants that were so big and the fruit small and not very many.  I simply pruned the and cut off the tops.  
The Sun Gold cherry tomato is in the photo above.  It grew so tall I tied it to the overhead wire in two places.  At the end of the blue line on the left is the growing terminal.  It is hooked again at the right end.
The tomato plants have been dropped to the right (east) in house six.  There was not room on the left (west) to drop them.
Looking from the other side of the row shows it dropping to the east.
Another picture in house six.  The arrow points to a tomato plant that has no blossoms or fruit and where on this plant.  It is nearly six feet tall.

During the day I weeded in the west garden.  Watered the west lawn and plants in the west garden.

Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment