Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Lots of Cucumbers

I watered the pots on the front porch.
Before breakfast we made our vegetable juice.  It contains tomatoes of course.  The it also has celery, onions, peppers, parsley, and salt.  We cut the tomatoes into pieces and put them in a pot and put it on the stove.  We ground them into small pieces in a shredder.  After they were cooked we put them in a colander to remove the solid parts.  We put them in the canner pot.  We got fourteen quarts.
 I picket three big buckets of cucumbers.   
I finished with the bracing the sweet corn.  I drove a post in each row.  I then pulled the twine on the other side of the corn and tied the twine to the same post.  
The above picture show the two pieces of twine tied to the same post.  The other row of corn is done the same way.
I used tomato clips to hook of pieces together.  The one on this side is blue and the one on the other side is orange.
This afternoon I cleaned up the south side of house six.

The cucumbers plants are doing really well.  The tendrils are hook in to the arched trellis
I washed the cucumbers.  Some had wilted somewhat.  I hoped that hydrate some soaking in the water.
I wrapped these English seedless cucumbers in cellophane and put them in the fridge.  I filled two totes with cucumbers and they are in the fridge. 


Comments and questions are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment