Followers

Monday, August 27, 2018

Mowing Surprise

I did the watering and then went to Fillmore, mainly for gasoline, for some groceries and a stop at Ropers.  We got the gas, the groceries, Ropers, and came home.  By now it was time for lunch.  I had a hot dog and bun.
I bought this two gallon compressor at Ropers.  The lawn mower tires need to be filled.  I took it out of the box and read the directions.  I had to put a few small componats  together.  I got it all ready and turned it on.  It sounded pretty good. I had lunch and checked it about forty-five later and it was still running.  I thought it should take about three minutes.  I took off the hose on the left side.  It then took about four minutes to get compression.  It lasted while I drained the lawnmower oil.
I put one and one half quarts of oil in the lawnmower.  I then put a couple gallon of gas in the tank.   I tried to start it, but a dead battery.  I hooked the battery charge to the battery.  I pushed the quick charge button.  It said wait ninety minutes.  I did and it started up.  I mowed the front lawn, the east lawn and part of the back lawn before the engine begin to act up.  I dumped the grass catcher twice.


 I got some webbing at Ropers to replace the rotted webbing on my back-pack sprayer.  I sprayed  weed between our yard and the street.  Also a lot of weeds in the garden.
We had a hug rain storm a week ago Saturday.  A lot of weeds germinated.  The photo above shows the grass beginning to grow.  I sprayed it.
The watermelons are not doing to well.  Many of them are deformed; like the pollination was not complete.
 The grapes are drying nicely.  I am turning the fan off at night, and back on in the morning.
 I finally picked this tomato.   It really had a nice taste.  Variety 17.
It is 3 5/16 inches long.
I cut it in half to expose the seeds.  I will be harvesting seeds for next year.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment