Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Another Day at the Office

After breakfast and the news, I watered the pots.
The sweet corn has made a significant change since yesterday.  The silk is beginning to dry.  We may have some sweet corn for Sunday dinner a week from Sunday.
We checked some for squash bugs.  There is one vine that has had bugs every time we check it.  Most are the nymphs.  I tied both zucchini plants to the stake.  One plants produces good zucchini and the one produces zucchinis that are very tough and hard.
I transplanted another tray of Detroit Red beets.  I thought I got a picture after the transplanting was finished.

The Tri-Star ever bearing strawberry plants are producing a lot of strawberries now, but they are a little small and do not have a pointed tip as it should have.  However, they taste good and are pretty sweet.
 The Tomahooks that I make have folded up under the heavy weight of the tomatoes.  Fourteen gage wire is not heavy enough.  I have been making new ones out of twelve gage wire.
The one on the left and in the middle are made with fourteen gage wire.  The one on the left is made with twelve gage wire.  Twelve gage wire is a little harder to cut and bend.
This another picture of a new variety of tomatoes that we are growing.  It is getting quite ripe.  Smaller one have a unique taste.  Waiting for it to get ripe and save seeds.  I am naming it variety 17.
There are four variety 17 plants.  I am training one of the branches to climb a twine trellis by using the tomato clips.  You can see the pointed tomatoes above the clip and to the left of the trellis twine.
Another look at the grapes as they change to raisons.

I saw a skunk a little after dark north of the back porch steps.  I surprised it when I came out of the garage.

Comments and questions are welcome.

.







No comments:

Post a Comment